Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter crafting

These are some of the things we have been making for Easter at our house.

Egg carton chickie

Easter egg carton chicks found here. The kids enjoyed this but got frustrated when they cut out the paper pieces. The shapes they came up with didn't fit properly. It might be a good idea to work out the size for your kids first if you are going to try this one. My kids are like Tassie Devil's when it comes to crafting though so maybe you'll have better luck :-)
Easter egg flowers

I found these glittery foam eggs on sticks at a junk shop in town. They were 10 for $2. When I saw them I thought they would be perfect as flower centres. My mum cut up these flower shapes ages ago (thanks Mum) and I have been getting out only a few at a time so they didn't get wasted (some of us don't have the fancy cutters still). This was a pump time craft. They look pretty. I am hoping they survive so I can pack them away for next year.
Plaster eggs finished

Here is the finished plaster eggs.

3 little chickies

These chickies (or duckies for that matter) I found at Spotlight a couple of months ago. They were clearing last years Easter stuff. I got 4 of these for $1. They are supposed to be door hangers but I thought they would be great picture frames. Don't you just love how Ellamay has called hers "Alien Ellamay"?

Celaphane stained glass window

This is a craft that Mum made up for the kids. (Thanks Mum again). Two sheets of black card with the window cut into it. Cellophane, double sided tape and the picture of Jesus is printed on vellum. The verse on top is just printed on normal paper. Ignore the finger prints on the window behind it ;-)

Palm Sunday book craft

This last one, I made up for the kids to make for Palm Sunday. All I did was photocopy the story out of a bible story book onto card and cut out the pictures. They have little card props at the back to help them stand up. The palm branches I printed from here. This one is Ellamay's I like how she has added some orange paper robes on the ground. It's all mounted on photo mat board.

Still more crafting to go over the weekend. I will probably still be sharing after Easter! If you are looking for some last minute Easter craft ideas, check out One Pretty Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment