Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thread of Sunshine

String of sunshine

My life is but a weaving, between my Lord and me,
I do not choose the colours, He worketh steadily.
Oftimes He weaveth sorrow and I in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper, and I the underside.
Not til the loom is silent and shuttles cease to fly,
Will God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why
The dark threads are as needful in the skillful weavers hand,
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.

Things have been getting the best of me lately. This life we have is full of stress. It can be so wearing. When I was having a bad day recently, my mum happened to show me some family history stuff she had been working on about my Nanny. Mum showed me this poem which had been in the front of Nanny's bible. It brought tears to my eyes. How true are these words. Even though things seem to be a bit of a mess, "the dark threads are as needful in the skillful weavers hand, as the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned."

I can't control what happens in this life but I can change the way I look at things in this life. I know I am a bit late for new years resolutions but I want this year to be different. I want to spend more time looking at the blessings and gifts that God has given to me instead of getting weighed down by the grief in our life. I want to make the most of what we have and not need things to be different to make me happy.

It's a lot to aim for in an unpredictable life but you know what? I have everything I need to get there. I just have to work out how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment